Fedora Project em Português

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Thu May 6 17:56:25 UTC 2010

Rodrigo,

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 13:36 -0300, Rodrigo Padula wrote:
> Hello Nelson!
>
> Please, update the PT wiki pages, the brazilian community is working on
> PT_BR translations only.

I believe I understand the problem now and how all of this started. I
don't see much Brazilians working on Marketing, and I addressed my
original email as "Fedora em Português", which also covers Brazil. That
was my fault, but it only aimed for Portugal and pt_PT.

> Brazilian portuguese and Portuguese are very different, so we need to
> build a strong community in Portugal too, to keep all pages and
> translations updated.

We are all aware of that by now. Orthography treaties are far different
from "Normalized"/Standardized. We both follow different norms and
standards. Brazil only sign ortographic treaties, as you are aware and
follows their own norms/standards defined initially in 1937.

> I think we dont need to fight about small things and we dont have a
> default Portuguese, so, each country has a different portuguese.

Claims like we speak a dialect, when a dialect is a variation of a
normalized language are worth the fight. Claims that there is no
Portuguese European normalized language are false and insulting. For
your information the official language of the Presidency of the European
Union is normalized Portuguese. The Portuguese spoken in Portugal.

+1 to no fights, unfortunatly you should be aware on how we, Portuguese
(vast majority) would face such claims.

> I've tried by many years to help the Fedora Portuguese Project but we
> didnt had success to build a community there.

The community was present and alive in 10/12 years ago. It dissapeared
when the leaders followed their own life. People like Nuno Loureiro,
Nuno Vieira, Mário Moreira, Frederico Marques, Celso Martinho, etc etc,
all contributors to FOSS in the fields of security and in other several
ways are no longer leading communities. When they stopped their work, no
one followed. That's something we need to change fast.

> Now you are here! With a great energy to work and to do the things
> happen. So, lets go, we have a lot of work to do.

> Keep us in touch, the Brazilian community is very interested to create a
> good sinergy with the Portuguese Community and help in everything that
> you need!

We should work together, and eventually we should aim together to hit
strong on Africa where we do have lots of brothers.

For the rest, seems a misunderstand which led to heavy unnecessary
flaming.

--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)