[In the news] Fedora 13 to be Released in Two Weeks

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat May 8 12:16:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

"Among the features that I am looking forward to seeing in the 13.0
release of Fedora is the integration of a feature vastly similar to
Apple’s Time-Machine.  This implementation will give users the ability
to back up their files and operating system onto another partition, and
boot into said snapshot if necessary.  This backup system will also give
the users the ability to create a snapshot whenever a package is
installed via Yum (the package manager used by Fedora), ensuring a much
more stable operating system.  Further, I feel that the implementation
of this feature suggests that the Fedora distribution, and many other
distributions for that matter, are beginning to become more and more
user friendly.  This is important because down the road it could lead to
a Linux gaining higher market-shares, and potentially being used by a
greater number of home users."

http://www.besttechie.net/2010/05/04/fedora-13-to-be-released-in-two-weeks/

Rahul