[in the news] Fedora 13 Release Slips By a Week

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:57:54 UTC 2010

On 05/13/2010 01:10 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> That's about the most positive article I can imagine for a slip in the
> release.  The credit belongs to all the people in the Fedora community
> who ensure that we are as transparent and detailed as possible about
> our criteria and other release processes.
>
> For those of you who are having trouble waiting the extra week, you
> can always install our release candidate now and help test... :-)

I think frequently slips are a sign of a larger problem in getting
things organized.  Although a lot of users would appreciate the fact
that we are willing to slip rather than do a release with major bugs
just to be on time, we should within the project definitely be looking
into avoid such slips in the future by analysing the root cause of the
slips and fixing the process.

Rahul