Self Introduction: Luke Slater

Luke Slater tinmachin3 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 19:12:26 UTC 2010

Hi, my name is Luke Slater and I live in Cambridge, England. My FAS
username is Reality and my IRC nick is NourishedCloud.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through conversations on
#fedora-admins on how I could help get involved with the Fedora
project and it was suggested that my writing could come in useful to
the project!

I'm relatively new to getting directly involved with FOSS projects but
I am a volunteer webmaster for the FSF and I am working on some
smaller projects by myself or with another person such as Tunnel
(which aims to provide Steam-like functionality to FOSS gaming).

However, this is the first Marketing project I have worked on. I am
able to write both technically and not (I study English Language at
college) for a number of different purposes.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying at college and will be
attending university starting this September. I also have a part-time
job administering CentOS servers.

I would like Fedora to be widely recognised as the amazing project
that it is and the chance to bring more people to Fedora as well as
Linux and FOSS is an opportunity that I can't pass up.

I've read the material on the Fedora wiki about the marketing project
and while I am wondering how exactly to get started, I imagine that I
will get more information when joining the Marketing group properly
(which I will do after sending this email) and through the meetings
held on IRC.

I wasn't really sure how rigid this email structure was supposed to be
but I've tried to keep to it vaguely...

Thanks a lot for your time and I look forward to working with you,

--
Luke Slater
:O)