Fwd: Idea for tracking Fedora Marketing team success

Luke Slater tinmachin3 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 00:32:09 UTC 2010

Whoops, sent this from the wrong address so it didn't go to the mailing list...

----

On 17 May 2010 01:06, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/17/2010 05:27 AM, Luke Slater wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I noticed on the Fedora Marketing Wiki page that you are starting to
>> think about ways that we can track how the marketing team is doing so
>> I was wondering whether something like a PHP application which could
>> aggregate the "buzz" about Fedora over several social networks over
>> time and thus be able to generate reports/graphs and such would be
>> useful to the Marketing team?
>>

> Sounds pretty interesting.  What social networking sites did you have in
> mind?  What would the user interface look like?  A mockup if you can do
> one would be very useful to get a better idea of what you have in mind.
>
> Rahul

As Gerard has just posted, the tool could be coded with Moksha (I can
do Python too ;) ), and could thus perhaps be integrated with the
Fedora Community site.

In terms of the social networks, there would be Identica, Twitter and
the wider "Blogosphere." The good thing is that most social networks
carry APIs which allow you to pull information about topics from them
relatively easily.

Thanks,

--
Luke Slater