Photograph release forms - thread on advisory-board list

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon May 17 12:29:25 UTC 2010

If you haven't yet seen it, there's a thread on release forms for
photographs on the advisory-board list.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2010-May/008375.html

"As we put together new marketing and release materials it's clear the
Fedora Marketing and Design teams want to show the many varied faces of
our community in conjunction with Fedora... However, as the
photographers among you know, presenting people as subjects in photos
can generate some legal issues.  Photographers often have models or
subjects complete a release form... we probably need to have a general
release form that covers photos of people to be published on the wiki,
or reproduced in paper formats for release and publicity materials
related to the Fedora Project.  Unlike the licenses we require for
code, though, the release would only be for Fedora's use and no one
else's."

Chime in there if you have any input!

--Mel