Help us get screenshots for the one-page release notes!

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue May 18 19:45:37 UTC 2010

We need screenshots for
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes - can anyone
help? This is a good task for a newcomer to pick up. Robyn and I are
both in the middle of things that prevent us from easily upgrading to
F13 this week, and we'd love some help.

Here's how to help:

* Upgrade to F13 (beta, I reckon) or install the f13 artwork package
(does anyone recall the name?)
* Accessories > Take screenshot (then take the screenshot!)
* Upload the resulting image to the wiki
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Upload)
* Email the resulting link to the file(s) to this list.

Others can clean it up and put it into the one-pager (I'm willing to do
that by default).

Screenshots we need:

* Color management feature
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ColorManagement#How_To_Test) OR
a photo of someone with a snazzy-looking digital camera looking very
serious about taking pictures next to their computer running Fedora

* boot.fedoraproject.org (we can use http://boot.fedoraproject.org/ if
needed, so this is low-priority*

* a NetBeans screenshot
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetBeans_6.8#How_To_Test)

* An illustrative Python screenshot
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EasierPythonDebugging#How_To_Test
or
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemtapStaticProbes#How_To_Test,
or https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13#How_To_Test -
something as graphical and snazzy as possible)

Photos we need:

* Someone using a printer for the "Easy Print" section

* Someone playing a game with 3D (maybe something from
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/games/) for the "Video Drivers" section

* Pictures of programmers/sysadmins working together

* Someone doing graphic design (as an alternative to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F13-spin-design.png, since we used
that shot for F12)

* General shots of community members, both a group shot (or shots) for
the "help make Fedora!" section at the bottom (the F12 photo was
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Bytecode-posse_fudconberlin09.png)
and shots of individuals for the banner at the top (the current ones
used are from the F12 one-page release notes Spanish translation).

Thanks!

--Mel