Marketing meeting minutes 2010-05-18

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue May 18 22:06:58 UTC 2010

Thanks for coming!

-Robyn

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-05-18/weekly_marketing_meeting.2010-05-18-20.00.html

Full Logs here:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-05-18/weekly_marketing_meeting.2010-05-18-20.00.log.html

Meeting started by mchua at 20:00:24 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-05-18/weekly_marketing_meeting.2010-05-18-20.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* LINK:
  https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=%7Emeeting&order=priority
  (mchua, 20:02:24)
* : topic - one-page release notes  (mchua, 20:04:10)
* topic - zonker's classroom session, followup  (mchua, 20:04:27)
* topic - f13 marketing postmortem  (mchua, 20:04:40)
* topic - preparing trac for f14  (mchua, 20:04:56)
* topic - press kits  (mchua, 20:05:09)
* topic - press release workflow (probably defer to a later date,
  though)  (mchua, 20:05:27)
* one-page release notes  (mchua, 20:10:54)
  * One-page release notes are done except for screenshots, and
    ianweller is going to do the final layout.  (mchua, 20:11:08)
  * we need help with screenshots!  (mchua, 20:11:34)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-May/012872.html
    (mchua, 20:11:39)
  * the above link shows how to help with screenshots - and
    NourishedCloud has already offered to help out, so thanks, Luke!
    (mchua, 20:11:57)
  * Nelson has some screenshots in his fp.o space  (mchua, 20:12:13)
  * ACTION: mchua see if we can use some of Nelson's screenshots
    (mchua, 20:12:22)
  * LINK: http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/upload/   (rbergeron,
    20:12:30)
  * LINK: http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/upload/   (mchua, 20:12:45)

* press release workflow  (mchua, 20:13:21)
  * deferring to next meeting  (mchua, 20:13:24)

* press kit  (mchua, 20:13:30)
  * deferring to next meeting (unless wonderer pipes up mid-meeting,
    then we'll come back to it ;)  (mchua, 20:13:40)

* F13 postmortem, and getting ready for F14 in trac  (mchua, 20:13:50)
  * F13 postmortem to come once F13 is actually relased (so we're
    deferring that a bit ;)  (mchua, 20:15:21)
  * F14 Trac-fu waiting for F14 dates  (mchua, 20:15:31)
  * poelcat typically pings teams at the start of the release cycle to
    come up with their own schedule for the next release  (mchua,
    20:17:28)
  * Marketing would love to do a f-a-b townhall... *after* release day.
    (mchua, 20:23:17)

* Zonker's classroom session: what's actionable!  (mchua, 20:27:24)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-classroom/2010-04-27/fedora-classroom.2010-04-27-19.00.log.html
    (mchua, 20:27:27)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Buzz   (mchua, 20:47:16)
  * ACTION: mchua to locate adam williamson's email to compile a list of
    press contacts.  (rbergeron, 20:51:59)
  * ACTION: mchua and rbergero to make SOP of sending copies of official
    announcement to list of press people on release day  (rbergeron,
    20:52:55)
  * ACTION: mchua remail jzb logs to list, ask for comments  (mchua,
    20:55:38)

* SSSD Feature profile  (rbergeron, 20:56:56)
  * LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SSSD_in_Fedora_13   (rbergeron,
    20:57:41)
  * stickster said yesterday there is a possiblity of having another
    slot for a feature profile sometime next week in the RH press blog.
    (rbergeron, 20:57:59)
  * stickster said yesterday there is a possiblity of having another
    slot for a feature profile sometime this week (thursday) in the RH
    press blog.  (rbergeron, 20:58:23)
  * ACTION: rbergeron email kara - talk about doing a press blog entry
    for post-f13 (june 1-ish) on SSSD.  (rbergeron, 21:00:17)

* Fedora Buzz  (rbergeron, 21:02:57)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to put together information in email and on wiki
    about inbound / outbound social marketing usage and assessment as
    well as discussion about possible markers / indicators / goals /
    etc.  (rbergeron, 21:19:42)
  * LINK:
    https://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/Stuff_everyone_knows_and_forgets_anyway#It.27s_okay_to_be_disappointed_but_never_okay_to_be_surprised
    (quaid, 21:22:52)
  * IDEA: use social media within itself to show community ideas in
    progress; e.g. Fedora identi.ca usage draft plans get dent'd by
    multiple people, and a few send it to !Fedora several times over the
    course of a few days.  (quaid, 21:39:45)

Meeting ended at 21:46:26 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* mchua see if we can use some of Nelson's screenshots
* mchua to locate adam williamson's email to compile a list of press
  contacts.
* mchua and rbergero to make SOP of sending copies of official
  announcement to list of press people on release day
* mchua remail jzb logs to list, ask for comments
* rbergeron email kara - talk about doing a press blog entry for
  post-f13 (june 1-ish) on SSSD.
* rbergeron to put together information in email and on wiki about
  inbound / outbound social marketing usage and assessment as well as
  discussion about possible markers / indicators / goals / etc.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* mchua
  * mchua see if we can use some of Nelson's screenshots
  * mchua to locate adam williamson's email to compile a list of press
    contacts.
  * mchua and rbergero to make SOP of sending copies of official
    announcement to list of press people on release day
  * mchua remail jzb logs to list, ask for comments
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron email kara - talk about doing a press blog entry for
    post-f13 (june 1-ish) on SSSD.
  * rbergeron to put together information in email and on wiki about
    inbound / outbound social marketing usage and assessment as well as
    discussion about possible markers / indicators / goals / etc.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* rbergeron (198)