Priorities for Fedora Buzz
tinmachin3 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 10:42:03 UTC 2010
As you might already know, I wrote a blog post for Buzz the other
day and it gained around 109 clicks from Identi.ca and Twitter,
as well as many views from Fedora planet. We got some feedback on the
post and the main points were as follows:
* Buzz isn't all that great of a name for it.
* OpenMarketing as a proposed name for the platform (from Gerard)
* Similar to KDE Buzz and we should take a look at what they're doing
(was someone working on seeing whether the code for that was open?)
but it's sufficiently different to warrant a new piece of software.
* Marketing about marketing is a good thing!
What do you think of these?
There are some things that I would really like to get decided
relatively quickly so the design of the actual system can begin:
1. Technology - Should this be pursued in Moksha or using PHP. I'm
leaning quite a lot towards just using PHP at the moment because it
will save drastic amounts of time learning how to use another
framework and I'm more comfortable with it.
2. Name - I like OpenMarketing for the platform, but maybe we should
change the Fedora-specific app's name from Buzz to something else.
Other considerations include design. I'm not a designer by any
capacity so I guess I can just create a simple front-end for it to
start off with and then when we have something to show maybe we can
get one of the Fedora designers to have a look at it?
Thanks and I hope I'm not being too verbose,
More information about the marketing