An animal mascot for Fedora?

threethirty three at threethirty.us
Mon May 24 23:31:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 08:29 +1930, María Leandro wrote:
> Hello
>
> My suggestion... don't use animals. Some animals are holy in some
> countries, some are hunted, some are near extintion... how will you
> choose an animal without send a wrong message? is a complicated topic
> and I don't think that "because is cute" must be the reason.
>
> Instead, I made some "kids" that we can use, this are re ally like the
> "join fedora" icons and represent US, the people that work with
> fedora, Mo also use this kids in some talks and I have been using them
> in several artworks.
>
> Just an Idea, and maybe we do need something beyond our logo to send a
> message... but we need to think really "what do we need"
>
> Here some examples:
>
> http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Arte/Banners
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatadbb/3723964218/in/set-72157606893687387/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatadbb/3723154711/in/set-72157613836974776/
>
> hope to help :)

María,

Would you relicense those CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, or CC-0 so that others could
use them even if they don't become an official part of out marketing
arsenal?

--
Justin "threethirty" O'Brien
Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member
threethirty at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Threethirty
threethirty on freenode.net
@threethirty - twitter/identi.ca/jaiku
Phone: +1 (765) 688-0723

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this email are my own, not those
of my employer.  My opinions are also not necessarily the opinions of
any organization with which I have a volunteer affiliation.