One page release notes (and all pre-release deliverables) done!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 25 00:58:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 02:30:55AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/25/2010 01:44 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
> > We did it, everyone - take a look at the F13 column in
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables, and be
> > very, very proud.
> >

> I did some changes to the Fedora 13 announcement at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement
>
> I would appreciate someone going through those changes carefully and
> applying their editorial skills to them.

We really need to slim this announcement down.  Every release, as the
final days approach, the text gets longer and longer.  I'm concerned
that makes it increasingly unlikely to be read in its entirety.  As
is, the document's not really suitable for emailing on a general list,
which means it's not functioning well as an announcement.

I'll edit down some of the text, but we really need to make more of an
effort to significantly differentiate this announcement from the
release notes and the one page release notes.