One page release notes (and all pre-release deliverables) done!

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue May 25 01:26:24 UTC 2010

On 05/25/2010 06:28 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> We really need to slim this announcement down.  Every release, as the
> final days approach, the text gets longer and longer.  I'm concerned
> that makes it increasingly unlikely to be read in its entirety.  As
> is, the document's not really suitable for emailing on a general list,
> which means it's not functioning well as an announcement.
>
> I'll edit down some of the text, but we really need to make more of an
> effort to significantly differentiate this announcement from the
> release notes and the one page release notes.

I am undoubtedly guilty of doing this but I err on the side of providing
more information than less when it comes to talking about changes.
There are some changes which I push to the release notes but it is
locked down fairly early in the release process for L10N and I find
users and press asking questions which I find important enough to
include in the announcement.  What I do think i useful is to restate
some of the points in more briefly but I leave that process to editors
since it is quite hard for me to do it well.   If there was a zero day
release notes update then perhaps I could push more into the release
notes.  For example, I don't think yum-fs-snapshot plugin is actually
detailed in the release notes.  I realized that just recently.    I
search for that term in

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/index.html

The first search result redirects back to the home page which is very
confusing.

Rahul