Marketing meeting minutes 2010-05-25

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue May 25 22:08:08 UTC 2010

Happy release day, everyone! Things all seem to be going well. Two notes
(from the minutes):

1. We should keep our eyes on community news sites, and try to respond
with useful information in a consistent, clear, and cordial way wherever
possible.

2. Use the link tracking for download and join links,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking

That is all. Hurrah! Congratulations on a great release.

--Mel

Also on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2010.

Meeting summary
---------------
* HAPPY F13 RELEASE DAY!  (mchua, 20:05:40)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#Agenda
   (mchua, 20:06:16)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables
   (mchua, 20:07:03)
* We have... deliverables... WIN. Everything we needed to get done
   before release is done and BEAUTIFUL.  (mchua, 20:07:17)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes
   (mchua, 20:07:29)
* Still remaining for F13: keeping track of and responding to press,
   press kit, post-mortem  (mchua, 20:08:23)
* AGREED: F13 post-mortem to be next week's meeting  (mchua, 20:10:16)
* leadership transition  (mchua, 20:10:54)
   * rbergeron will be the new Marketing Team lead starting with F14 -
     "official" switch date June 1st  (mchua, 20:11:39)
   * mchua will still be around, but will be rbergeron's minion ;)
     (mchua, 20:11:50)

* Tickets!  (mchua, 20:17:15)
   * LINK:

https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=%7Emeeting&order=priority
     (mchua, 20:17:20)
   * #84, #104 I will take point on - they're press kit stuff - to make
     sure stickster has things before the Summit  (mchua, 20:17:57)
   * #92 - one page release notes - is done, closing  (mchua, 20:18:14)
   * #114 - f13 postmortem - is next week  (mchua, 20:18:27)
   * #115 - adding f14 milestones to trac - is administrivia, rbergeron
     has it (and she and I will be pow-wowing after this meeting on
     transition stuff in #fedora-mktg, for anyone who wants to ride
     along)  (mchua, 20:19:09)
   * #113 no comments on Zonker's class... should we ping again?  (mchua,
     20:19:35)
   * ACTION: mchua take a pass through jwb's log, post notes, wrap #113
     (mchua, 20:22:46)
   * 118 - clean up F13 deliverable SOPs... mchua plans on sprinting on
     that towards the end of this week  (mchua, 20:23:14)
   * ACTION: mchua schedule time for sprinting on #118, announce to list
     (mchua, 20:23:24)
   * ACTION: mchua rbergeron look at trac tickets right after this
     meeting during handoff sprint  (mchua, 20:25:24)
   * robyn would like to thank everyone for kicking ass on F13.
     (rbergeron, 20:25:44)
   * mchua +1 rbergeron!  (mchua, 20:25:50)
   * ACTION: everybody please get some rest  (mchua, 20:27:09)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking   (stickster,
     20:28:06)
   * We should keep our eyes on community news sites, and try to  respond
     with useful information in a consistent, clear, and  cordial way
     wherever possible  (rbergeron, 20:29:10)
   * Also, use the link tracking for download and join links  (rbergeron,
     20:29:20)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking   (mchua,
     20:29:43)

Meeting ended at 20:32:21 UTC.