Fedora 13

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:33:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Marketing Folks --
>
> Earl Malmrose of ZaReason, a computer maker in Berkeley which offers Fedora
> as one of the OS options on a range of their products (mostly the
> laptop/netbooks, I think), sent me this question in the e-mail below and I
> couldn't answer him.
>
> Does anyone know if such a wiki/website animal exists in the Fedora realm?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Larry Cafiero

As far as I know, distribution listed some ways for obtain a Fedora
Media. No matter that distribution wiki said something about OEM, they
are not listed. Distribution includes online vendors, regular stores,
sponsored media and freemedia. That is the closest thing that I have
ever see on wiki pages.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution

The main problem with vendors, is to keep track when the abandon the
business. There were talks about a new front page for distribution
including new options a calendar for events and a list of magazines
(including issue) carrying fedora discs and all the list getting auto
filtered based on geo-ip. Maybe it will be interested to include
hardware pre-loaded with Fedora. Most activity for distribution is
discussed in Freemedia mailing list. You may want to poke Susmit about
this idea.

Best regards

--
Neville