[in the news] Fedora 14 (Laughlin) Released

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Wed Nov 3 12:59:47 UTC 2010

ZDNet UK
11.3.10

Fedora 14 (Laughlin) Released
By J.A. Watson

Yesterday afternoon, right on schedule, the Fedora Project
<http://fedoraproject.org/> released Fedora 14, aka "Laughlin". The
Release Announcement
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_announcement> gives a quick
"What's New" look at the release (which saves me having to repeat it
here), and the Release Notes
<http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/14/html/Release_Notes/index.html>
provide extensive details on this release.

 From what I can tell so far it is, as expected and as usual, a very
good distribution. I have downloaded the 32- and 64-bit versions, and
installed it without problem so far on systems with Intel, AMD/ATI and
VIA cpus and graphic controllers, and Intel, Broadcom and Atheros wired
and wireless network interfaces. The only special requirement I have run
into so far is that the Broadcom WiFi adapter has to be downloaded from
the Fedora Unity <http://fedoraunity.org/> web site. This is a very
simple procedure, which I described previously in a post about Fedora 14
Beta
<http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-mostly-linux-stuff-10006480/fedora-14-beta-shaping-up-very-nicely-10020572/>.

Full post:
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-mostly-linux-stuff-10006480/fedora-14-laughlin-released-10020937/