Query: Survey tool availability for Fedora Project

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Tue Nov 30 15:30:30 UTC 2010

On 11/30/2010 08:56 AM, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Hi Logistics, News and Marketing folk --
>
> One of the FWN Beat writers, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay[1], passed along
> results of a recent survey[2] of Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter[3] to me
> yesterday.  I think it is interesting to see how readers use and value a
> publication such as FWN, and I'm thinking it would also be useful to
> inform how FWN on Fedora Insight[4] should be presented and what
> features readers might expect.
>
> My immediate question for the group is whether there is a survey tool
> that is available on Fedora Project hosted servers that we could use for
> an FWN survey.  Thanks much!
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sankarshan
> [2] http://akgraner.com/?p=820
> [3]
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue217?action=show&redirect=UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter%2FCurrent
> [4] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight
>
>     - pascal
>
> ---
> Pascal Calarco, Fedora Ambassador, Indiana, USA / FWN Editor
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pcalarco

Okay, so I stumbled upon the Marketing Research page[1], and from that,
it seems like we are committed to using Limesurvey on a Fedora-hosted
box eventually, but there are some open tickets[2] with packaging,
licensing and such that are blockers.  Should we perhaps use
Limeservice[3] as was used for FUDCon 2009 Toronto then?  And where can
I apply for community funds to pay for additional responses we might
have to an FWN survey beyond the first 25 which are free?  Thanks all!

   - pascal

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Things_to_do_to_finish_Limesurvey
[3] http://www.limeservice.com/