[Milkymist-devel] Milkymist tools in FEL

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:00:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:01:46AM +0800, Gerard Braad Jr. wrote:
> On 10/13/10, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Johnathan Mantey <> wrote:
> >> Yes, but does this place MM into a formal Fedora/RHEL/CentOS release
> >> process?  What is the fundamental benefit over maintaining an independent
> >> MM tree?
> > Hello there,
> >
> > Well, I think others have already answer you briefly. It's a win-win
> > situation for both communities.
> > Sébastien and Gerard already expressed their views from a milkymist angle.
> >
> > Let me now tell you how FEL benefits.
> > Free Electronic Lab focuses on ASIC design flows, our solutions in
> > embedded environment was pretty poor. Thus this collaboration will
> > help us identify the needs of a vibrant Milkymist community and
> > extends our portfolio. Our collaboration is based on a hope that users
> > will get an out of the box platform for instant hardware development.
> >
> > Our goals include "promote open hardware". Our existence is based on a
> > hope to enhance hardware engineers experience using opensource EDA
> > tools. We operate like a EDA/CAD group of a company but for the
> > opensource hardware community.
> >
> > Our action items for milkymist is listed here
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Milkymist
> >
> > # yum groupinstall milkymist
> >
> > is already available on upcoming F-14 and upcoming RHEL-6. Currently
> > tools available under the "yum groupinstall milkymist" includes all
> > DONE items in the above url. Others will find their way once we have
> > time to package and push their to the mirrors.
>
> will there be an official announcement \out these updates when F14
> gets released? it is a noteworthy addition and it shows we have done
> collaboration with a proejct in a totally different field;

This could easily go in the release announcement:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_announcement

Note that announcement is currently blank, and awaiting a volunteer to
assemble it from a combination of information from earlier
announcements, the release notes, and other important data.  A
completed version for F13 is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement