Mobility change

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 04:34:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >From the advisory-board list -- the Mobility talking point needs some
> changes.  Can someone take this small task on?

Hey hey hey, look who's volunteering ;) Copying Peter in case he's not
on the marketing list or following it religiously....

So - I guess I have a few questions here, as well as comments.

Questions first!
* MeeGo is also listed on Feature List [1]. Does that need to be
removed? Renamed?
* On the MeeGo feature page [2] there is something saying that you can
do a yum install meego-netbook from rawhide. Is this still the case?
Could we possibly call this something along the lines of a "mobility
spin tech preview"? (I'm not sure what all the technical details are
here, which is probably safer for us all anyway :D - just trying to
figure out how to distinguish the naming of what we *are* going to
have, at least pieces of anyhow.)
* I guess I need a bit of handholding as far as "the software" we're
talking about. Is that the software referenced in the MeeGo page like
Clutter, GUPnP, and libsocialweb?

Comments second:
* I'm really sad to see this one go.  I don't know if anyone else
noticed but the amount of highlighting this feature / spin got was
probably more abundant than anything else. MeeGo was specifically
mentioned in a number of the article titles in news that came out
around Beta time, as you can see in the press archives. [3]  I really
appreciate all the work that Peter and everyone else have done on
this, and I hope we can work out the issues for next time around!

* * *
[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FeatureList
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MeeGo_1.0
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_press_archive