[In the news] Interview: Charles H. Schulz on LibreOffice and The Document Foundation

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:37:37 UTC 2011

Hi

Fedora 15 replaces Openoffice.org with Libreoffice from the Document
Foundation

http://www.tech-faq.com/interview-charles-h-schulz-on-libreoffice-and-the-document-foundation.html

"The tipping point is an interesting question: you’re the first one to
ask it! Given that the Document Foundation is made of many people with a
diverse background and history with OpenOffice.org, I would say that
there were in fact several different tipping points depending of the
persons. For me, the tipping point was reached when I stopped feeling
that I had any sort of value in the eyes of the new steward. I felt I
was somewhere an expense on a sheet, and given that I was contributing
to that project for free, it made me think really fast about all this. I
think there was hope for some time that Oracle would be a good steward."

Rahul