[In the news] Fedora and GNOME branding drama: Missing the big picture

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 03:12:08 UTC 2011

Hi

http://dissociatedpress.net/2011/04/18/fedora-and-gnome-branding-drama-missing-the-big-picture/

"I’m not saying this to belittle Fedora — but to put this whole thing
into perspective. Arguing over branding here is /just plain silly/.
Depending on which side you’re on, it may validate your “team” (GNOME
vs. Fedora, I guess) but it’s /utterly irrelevant/ when it comes to
having an impact on Fedora adoption. At best it’s a distraction from
actually increasing the market share of Linux — and at worst it’s a
validation of the argument that community driven projects fail due to
infighting."

Rahul