MMM. Marketing Meeting Minutes. 2011/01/11. DELICIOUS! Eat them up. Yum.

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:08:44 UTC 2011

My apologies for the terrible formatting - zodbot was offline during
the meeting. ;)

Highlights are basically:

** Discussion of FUDCon PR Stuff involving Jared and Kara, as well as
video possibilities with Colby.
** Getting the word out about Fedora-related events at local events
such as FOSDEM

-Robyn

14:03 < rbergeron> #startmeeting Fedora Marketing
14:03 < rbergeron> oh
14:03 < rbergeron> right.
14:03 < jsmith> Outage :-)
14:03 < rbergeron> We'll just pretend like zodbot is here and cut and
paste later. ;)
14:03 < rbergeron> #topic Roll Call! :)
14:03 < jsmith> WORKSFORME
14:03  * rbergeron is here
14:03  * jsmith is here
14:03 < rbergeron> rrix is en route to food and wireless at his food spot.
14:04 < rbergeron> stickster sends his regrets, I believe.
14:04 < rbergeron> and jsmith, it may be just you and me. :)
14:04 < jsmith> It'll be a short meeting, then
14:05 < rbergeron> yes.
14:05  * rbergeron is going to go have her weekly 1:1 with dgilmore
after this. in person at the PHX airport. ;)
14:05 < rbergeron> #topic FUDCon Marketing stuff
14:06 < rbergeron> jsmith: I suppose now is as good time as any to
talk about this stuff.
14:06 < jsmith> Sure...
14:06 < rbergeron> #info We're working on getting Colby Hoke here for
FUDCon to do videos.
14:06 < jsmith> I was supposed to have a meeting w/ Kara earlier today
to discuss, but the Raleigh office is
                closed
14:06 < rbergeron> oh?
14:06  * rbergeron thought Kara was on leave
14:06 < jsmith> (weather related)
14:06 < rbergeron> yeah
14:06 < jsmith> Oh, maybe that too...
14:06 < rbergeron> ZOMG ICE
14:07 < rbergeron> i know she's sort-of in/about, but i think technically out.
14:07 < rbergeron> unless that was last thursday she was coming back.
I could be behind the times. ;)
14:07 < rbergeron> jsmith: Were you planning on talking to her about
the video-related stuff?
14:07 < rbergeron> I know I just sent that mail earlier today, but
maybe it would be good to add to that list, if
                   you weren't. ;)
14:08 < jsmith> rbergeron: Mostly about FUDCon PR in general, but the
video stuff was going to be mentioned
14:08 < rbergeron> okay.
14:08 < rbergeron> I had mentioned some of the cloud stuff, and maybe
desktop stuff, as things we could do video
                   on.
14:08 < rbergeron> Did you have any other thoughts?
14:09 < rbergeron> She's doing the press blog piece, I know.
14:09 < rbergeron> for general FUDCon stuff.
14:10 < rbergeron> jsmith: ^ ;)
14:11 < jsmith> Hmmmn...
14:11 < jsmith> I'd still like to see a video on systemd
14:12  * rbergeron nods
14:12 < rbergeron> I don't think lennart is on our list of folks coming.
14:12 < rbergeron> Do we know if there's someone else who could be a
good substitute (or if we need to figure
                   outhow to get him here because it's that urgent?)
14:12 < jsmith> Perhaps the Consistent Device Naming stuff that Matt Domsch did
14:13 < jsmith> Spice stuff too, perhaps?
14:13 < rbergeron> #idea Consistent Device Naming - matt domsch
14:13 < rbergeron> #idea systemd - do we need lennart for this?
14:14 < jsmith> Not necessarily...
14:14 < rbergeron> Spice stuff - hmmm
14:14  * rbergeron wonders if maybe justin forbes could talk about
that at all - not sure
14:15 < rbergeron> or if there's someone else - i don't think the
spiceinvirtmanager feature owner is coming
14:15 -!- nb is now known as i
14:18 < rbergeron> okay.
14:18 -!- i is now known as nb
14:18 < rbergeron> So I guess beyond that - the remaining FUDCon
marketing "stuff" basically consists, I think,
                   of just trying to raise awareness in the community,
as well as outside.
14:18 < rbergeron> And LOCALLY.
14:18 < jsmith> Sounds perfect right
14:19 < rbergeron> #action rbergeron to send a list to
fedora-marketing about making sure to dent/tweet etc.
                   about impending fudcon.
14:19 < rbergeron> jsmith: anything you want to add?
14:20 < jsmith> Nope...
14:20 < rbergeron> okay
14:20 < rbergeron> #topic Any other business?
14:20  * rbergeron looks around for anything else.
14:20 -!- zodbot [~supybot at fedora/bot/zodbot] has joined #fedora-meeting-1
14:20 -!- mode/#fedora-meeting-1 [+o zodbot] by ChanServ
14:21 < jsmith> The only other thing I can think of is getting out the
word about Fedora at various events
14:21 < jsmith> (LCA and FOSDEM come to mind)
14:22 < rbergeron> Are you talking about Fedora-related stuff going on
at those events?
14:22 < jsmith> Yes
14:22  * jsmith didn't word that very well, did he
14:22 < rbergeron> well. it was somewhat ambiguous ;) lol
14:22 < rbergeron> So my thought is this - usually the event owners
for those things can come to mktg to ask
                   about help in spreading the word.
14:23 < rbergeron> So maybe a reminder at an ambassadors meeting, or
to famsco about reminding folks in varoius
                   regional meetings, is a good tihng to do there.
14:23 < jsmith> Yup
14:25 < rbergeron> #action rbergeron will drop a note / ticket to
famsco, asking them to ping regional folks
                   about "Hey, please ask for advertising about our
presence at events."
14:27  * rbergeron has nothing else to add to the meeting - jsmith, if
you're cool, I'm gonna end this puppy.
14:28 < jsmith> Go for it!
14:29 < jsmith> I have nothing further to add
14:31 < rbergeron> sounds good.
14:31 < rbergeron> #endmeeting