Linux New Media to ship thousands of Fedora DVDs

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 12:31:28 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 04:47 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> As written in my previous mail I made a custom spin of Fedora 15 for the
> German Linux Magazin in April. It has taken a shine to the editors so
> they also asked me for an English version which is going to be shipped
> with their "Admin Magazine".
>
> Look out for it in
>        * Germany: Linux Magazin is in stores as of today.
>        * UK and other European countries: Admin Magazine 04/2011to be
>          released on July 17th.
>        * North America: Admin Magazine to be released on August 12th.
>        * Australia and New Zealand: Admin Magazine to be released on
>          September 12th.
>
> I was told not to mention the exact number of media but trust me, it’s
> huge. It’s more media than the ambassadors produced for the last 3 or 4
> Fedora releases worldwide.
>
> For more info and a photo of the media, please have a look at
> http://www.christoph-wickert.de/blog/2011/07/07/linux-new-media-to-ship-thousands-of-fedora-dvds/
Very cool. I will be sure to grab one here.

I know that, at least here in the US, and at least while Rikki Kite was
still working there (Hi Rikki!), Linux New Media would have a staffed
booth at most major events, giving away copies of their magazines.  So
that might be a bonus as well.

Thanks! :)

-Robyngg