[in the news]: Fedora 15 offers a lot to tempt enterprises away from Windows

Jonathan Nalley jnalley at jnalley.com
Wed Jun 22 03:32:20 UTC 2011

computing.co.uk

"Although there is a town in Nevada called Lovelock, I’m assuming the
Fedora Project named the latest version after James Lovelock, inventor
of the microwave and originator of the Gaia Theory of how planet earth
is a self-regulating organism able to adjust various parameters to
maintain some sort of biological and geological balance....Once I had
Fedora installed and running, it became clear that the earlier rumours
of something afoot in Fedora 15 were true. Fedora has a new look and
feel, courtesy of the Gnome 3 interface. Fedora 15 was easy to use,
and apps such as the office productivity easy to install; in fact, I
wrote this column using LibreOffice’s Writer package.

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/opinion/2080392/fedora-offers-lot-tempt-enterprises-away-windows