Old HootSuite account

Gent Thaçi gent at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 27 12:38:57 UTC 2011

Although I am not part of the Marketing team I agree with Jared to find FOSS
alternatives. Identi.ca has it's own default option to auto-post to Twitter
and you can even post to identi.ca via email so you can then create an list
which auto-sends emails to identi.ca's email.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Paul Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When we originally started HS we did so with some trepidation given it
> > was a non-FOSS service. I'm not really shot in the arm by paying for
> > the service, unless we have a clear idea of what that gains us. I
> > briefly surveyed free tools again and have found nothing that offers
> > the "many people share a social presence" features of HS. But do we
> > need their console, analytics, etc. to fulfill some goals? To what
> > extent are we comfortable or willing to pay for a non-FOSS service for
> > marketing purposes?
>
> I'm not comfortable paying for a HootSuite account.  I'd prefer to
> look for a FOSS tool, or continue to do what we're doing.
>
> --
> Jared Smith
> Fedora Project Leader

Gent Thaçi,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Gent
gentt on irc.freenode.net at #fedora-ambassadors