LinuxCon NA 2011

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 15:17:34 UTC 2011

On 06/30/2011 07:59 AM, John Babich wrote:
> My son Mike and I are attending LinuxCon NA 2011 August 17-19 in
> Vancouver BC Canada.
>
> As a Fedora Ambassador, I would like to meet up with fellow Fedorans.
> Even better, I would like to see us set up an event booth. I
> understand that there was a booth in 2009.
>
> Let me know if you're interested. See the Fedora events page for
> further info and links.
>
> Best Regards,
> John "jmbuser" Babich
Hi John,

I've procured us a booth - I'm just waiting to get the logos back to the
folks at the Linux Foundation so that we have our booth all printed up
nicely.  They've given us a booth free of charge, which is very generous
of them.

I had planned to raise this at the next Ambassador meeting to make sure
that we have all our ducks in a row, as the Ambassadors, and not the
Marketing team, plan our events presence (I just happen to sit on both
sides of that fence, and so I saw your email).  The next meeting is next
Tuesday, if you're interested in attending.  If you're interested in
owning the event, I'm happy to let you do so :D -- but I'd suggest
dropping a note on the Ambassadors' list to make sure that they're all
aware.

We get allocated 2 tickets from the Linux Foundation for the event in
terms of staffing the booth -- I presume that you've already purchased
your tickets? I'd like to make sure that the folks in that region get a
fair crack at volunteering to work the booth there.

Thanks for your interest! Glad to see another Ambassador wanting to make
sure we have a presence there. :)

Thanks,

Robyn