Self-Introduction: Jiri Eischmann

Jiri Eischmann jeischma at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 16:05:52 UTC 2011

Hi, my name is Jiri Eischmann and I live in Brno, Czech republic. My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is eischmann, and my IRC nick is sesivany.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through fedoraproject.org, and am interested in joining because I work as a manager for collaboration with universities and the community and promoting FLOSS is not only one of my work tasks, but I'd say life mission as well.

Before joining Red Hat, I worked for a small Czech open source company helping build Czech communities around Mandrake/Mandriva and Ubuntu. I've also written many articles about FLOSS and Linux for several Czech Linux managazines and the most popular IT server zive.cz. I also worked on the best selling Czech book about Linux.

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
Organizing events - I have a long experience with organizing community events.
Writing skills - I have written a lot of articles on different topics and have good contacts among editors in Czech and Slovak IT magazines.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are promoting Fedora at Czech and Slovak universities and making the Czech and Slovak community bigger and more active.

I am wondering how I can help out.

Please help me get started!

Jiří Eischmann
Research University & Community Manager

Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
Tel: +420 532 294 203, ext: 62203
Cell: +420 604 346 394
Email: eischmann at redhat.com
LinkedIn: http://cz.linkedin.com/in/eischmann