[In the news] Using SELinux and iptables Together

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:39:09 UTC 2011

Hi

Article by Red Hat SELinux engineer, Dan Walsh

http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/421152-using-selinux-and-iptables-together

"One of the things I have wanted to do with SELinux for years is figure
out a way to make SELinux and iptables work together, but each time I
looked at it, my use cases became too complicated. James Morris and Paul
Moore worked on a tool called Secmark way back in the Red Hat Enterprise
Linux (RHEL) 5 time frame. My simple implementation of Secmark is to use
iptables rules to define labels on packets as they flow within an
SELinux system."

Rahul