[In the news] Update on Fedora 15 Development - GNOME 3 Shell Updates

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:19:48 UTC 2011

Hi

http://www.montanalinux.org/fedora15-devel-update-20110326.html

"I've been using the GNOME 3 Shell more and I really like the changes
they've made since the Fedora 15 Alpha release. These changes include
larger icons in the Applications list and auto-managed virtual desktops.
Some people call this a "dumbing down" of the interface but I prefer to
call it streamlining. If you have a lot of previous GNOME 2.x experience
you might perceive it to be counter-intuitive... but give it a little
while. The streamlining really makes the new environment easy to learn
and use. It is elegant, and as one blogger put it... "it looks expensive"."

Rahul