[In the news] Interview with Jared Smith, Fedora Project Leader

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:45:10 UTC 2011

Hi

http://pcper.com/news/Editorial/Interview-Jared-Smith-Fedora-Project-Leader

"PcPer: What are your plans for the future of this platform? What is new
and up-coming?

JS: First of all, Fedora is engineered for the long haul. We've made a
conscious decision not to sacrifice long-term freedom for short-term
convenience. Our development efforts are based on the idea of software
and personal freedoms. If you look at the vision statement for the
Fedora Project as a whole, you'll see it's about much more than just the
bits and bytes on the latest DVD. Our vision statement says that "The
Fedora Project creates a world where free culture is welcoming and
widespread, collaboration is commonplace, and people control their
content and devices." Our work really is centered on the concepts of
freedom and free culture, communication and collaboration, openness and
transparency, and the open source development model. The main work
product of our community is the Fedora operating system"

Rahul