[in the news] Fedora 15 Lovelock Linux Debuts GNOME 3

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Tue May 24 16:37:33 UTC 2011

Datamation
5.24.11

Fedora 15 Lovelock Linux Debuts GNOME 3
By Sean Michael Kerner

Fedora Linux 15 is now available, providing users on the desktop
<http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3934356/Fedora-15-Lovelock-Linux-Debuts-GNOME-3.htm#>
with a full GNOME 3 experience including the GNOME Shell user interface.

Fedora 15, codenamed 'Lovelock' also introduces new security, spin,
networking
<http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3934356/Fedora-15-Lovelock-Linux-Debuts-GNOME-3.htm#>
and virtualization features to the community Linux project, sponsored by
Red Hat.

"GNOME Shell is a big change and I'd be doing people a disservice if I
didn't say that GNOME 3 and GNOME Shell is a fairly radical departure
from the GNOME 2 experience," Jared Smith, Fedora Project Leader told
/InternetNews.com/. "That being said, a lot of people find the change
refreshing."

GNOME 3 as an upstream project was officially released
<http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2011/04/gnome-3-finally-released.html>
in April and Fedora 15 is the first major Linux distro to include it as
part of the core release. Smith noted that GNOME Shell was designed to
have fewer interruptions for users and enable users to more easily
access their data and applications
<http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3934356/Fedora-15-Lovelock-Linux-Debuts-GNOME-3.htm#>.

Full post:
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3934356/Fedora-15-Lovelock-Linux-Debuts-GNOME-3.htm