[In the news] Fedora 15 Released, GNOME 3 Looks Good

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:44:34 UTC 2011

Hi

http://ostatic.com/blog/fedora-15-released-gnome-3-looks-good

"It looks good. I like it. Fedora did use a customized version of the
upstream default GNOME 3 wallpaper, but it's pretty with the "birds in
the tree" embellishment in the lower corner. The GNOME 3 desktop is
different from what most folks are accustomed to using, but in my quick
tests I don't think it'd take a lot of work to get used to using it."

"Speaking of Nouveau drivers, I seemed to have at least a minimum of
effects. Things faded in and out and rolled in and out. Other things
were transparent at the appropriate times. Performance seemed pretty
good. I just can't find a whole lot to complain about. I think Fedora
folks did a good job"

Rahul