Ask Fedora : Marketing strategy

Jesús Franco jefrancomix at lavabit.com
Tue Oct 4 06:59:57 UTC 2011

On 03/10/11 15:40, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://ask.fedoraproject.org has been launched quietly a while back and
> I am using it to get some feedback on the site and seed in some
> questions and answers by selectively announcing in some places.

Nice app! It feels like it could be a very friendly forum for many users
and contributors.

> I would like to advertise this more widely in sync with Fedora 16
> release.  What is the best strategy for this?  I can do a announcement
> to the Fedora announce list.  Would a press release be feasible?
>
> Rahul

IMHO, it should be a fine way to give users a friendly way to ask for
guidance without the burden of subscribing to a whole mailing
list/searching forever in infinite forum topics or plenty of wiki pages.

This said, i'd like a lot to read/write in a Spanish biased deployment.
Do you think is better taking it outside *.fedoraproject.org domain, to
regional project, i.e. proyectofedora.org (Latam)?

Best regards,

--
Jesús Franco