Love and feeding of marketing team.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 22:31:45 UTC 2011

Helloooooooooo Marketing Fans,

So...... I will be the first to admit that I've been a little lax (okay,
actually, super-lax) in the Marketing area lately.  Some of this has
just been my time, or lack thereof, especially when it comes to meetings
and having them, and some of it is simply that nobody else is really
insisting on meeting and getting things done and kicking me in the pants
about it, either. :)

In the spirit of Getting Things Done, and more generally, having a bit
more excitement around this joint, I'd like to get an idea for who's
interested in getting the Marketing Train back on the tracks and up to
speed. This means: meetings, being a bit more active in IRC, knocking
out some of the release-time items, and most importantly, thinking about
NEW THINGS we can do either around raising awareness, new things that
new contributors can do, or just generally doing new things because
doing the same stuff over and over and over is, let's face it, super boring.

In short, just two questions:

1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
on release-related activities?

2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
can pick up and work on?

I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
necessary as we go forward.

Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those. :)

-Robyn