Love and feeding of marketing team.

Buddhika Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 14 00:21:37 UTC 2011

Hello,

Nice to see activities in marketing group again :).
Lets start with a meeting, we didnt have a meeting about an year (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings)
 so that would be a good start as F16 is on the way we can target the
release and work for it.

So lets start setting up a date n time for the meeting soon.

Define a goal -> Set of tasks to achieve the goal ; short term goal like
F16 release would work. Working towards a common goal will build up the
team.

see you guys soon

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/2011 03:33 PM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> > Let's do some stuff! And to both points/questions, how about having the
> first meeting be a sort of review session of goals and things the team has
> done before as a refresher for old people and an intro for newer ones who
> aren't sure how to get involved?
> I think that's a spectacular idea. I'm happy to go through that stuff in
> the first part of the meeting!
>
> -r
> > Ruth
> >
> > Robyn Bergeron<rbergero at redhat.com>  wrote:
> >
> > Helloooooooooo Marketing Fans,
> >
> > So...... I will be the first to admit that I've been a little lax (okay,
> > actually, super-lax) in the Marketing area lately.  Some of this has
> > just been my time, or lack thereof, especially when it comes to meetings
> > and having them, and some of it is simply that nobody else is really
> > insisting on meeting and getting things done and kicking me in the pants
> > about it, either. :)
> >
> > In the spirit of Getting Things Done, and more generally, having a bit
> > more excitement around this joint, I'd like to get an idea for who's
> > interested in getting the Marketing Train back on the tracks and up to
> > speed. This means: meetings, being a bit more active in IRC, knocking
> > out some of the release-time items, and most importantly, thinking about
> > NEW THINGS we can do either around raising awareness, new things that
> > new contributors can do, or just generally doing new things because
> > doing the same stuff over and over and over is, let's face it, super
> boring.
> >
> > In short, just two questions:
> >
> > 1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
> > on release-related activities?
> >
> > 2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
> > can pick up and work on?
> >
> > I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
> > folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
> > meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
> > necessary as we go forward.
> >
> > Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those.
> :)
> >
> > -Robyn

Regards,
*Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)*
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event Liaison - Design Team

*Email*: bckurera at fedoraproject.org | *IRC*: bckurera
*