[In the news] GNOME 3.4: Are We There Yet?

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 21:16:28 UTC 2012

https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/560052-gnome-34-are-we-there-yet

At Linux.com, Joe Brockmeier reviews GNOME 3.4 running on Fedora 17 alpha:

"So the big question for GNOME 3.4 is... are we there yet? Different
people will define 'there' differently, but I define 'there' as 'a
welcome desktop environment for users who liked and used GNOME 2.x.'

I think the answer is yes, but only with a bit of tweaking. If choosing
a desktop for myself, I'd probably opt for the Cinnamon fork of GNOME
3.x for now. But I wouldn't be hesitant to put GNOME 3.4 on a desktop
for a friend or family member at this point."