regarding fedora google alerts...

Jason Brooks jasonbrooks at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 16 23:28:34 UTC 2012

A few months ago, I set up Google Alert rss feed tracking "Fedora AND
linux" and hooked that feed to a planet instance running on OpenShift:
http://venus1-jeb.rhcloud.com/

There's a gap in there, caused, I think, by me not looking at the
planet page for a time, perhaps leading the openshift instance to go
dormant... I'll keep an eye on it.

I can get this piped into the wiki, but there's a certain amount of
lousy and/or repeated items that turn up, and a fair number of them
overall. I'm going to think of some easy or automatic filtering or
vetting of these items.

Any suggestions on that? Maybe a pickier set of search terms, or some
selective source banning (not sure if that's a google alerts option or
not).

Regards, Jason