regarding fedora google alerts...

Jason Brooks jasonbrooks at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 17 01:02:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK.
>
> I understand.
>
> BTW,are there any other things to display?
>
> And,is this page in English only?

For one thing, I forgot that the feed that feeds this is set to
"Everything" and I can limit it to "News" (everything includes,
discussions, blogs, videos, etc.) and can further limit it to only the
"Best" results (not sure exactly how that's determined) so that can
give better results -- though I did notice duplicates were an issue.

It's not my intention that this page would be an end-result, it's like
an experiment toward a more polished end product.

The google alert I set up is from the US Google site, and it's all
English, but I just checked Google's Mexico site, and they have alerts
there, as well. I imagine there are versions for many locales.

This page is a planet, so there can be multiple feeds, different
languages would come in handy for sure.