Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:18:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used launchpad when I used ubuntu in 2008-2009,and when an error occured,a
> tool in ubuntu will send all dumps online waiting for fix.
>
> Just my opinion.

Fedora has something similar, called abrt - but that doesn't capture
what you need in a targeted test day scenario, where knowing what
*passed* is equally as important as knowing what failed (and for
failed test cases, you might need more information than is in an abrt
report)

Many moons ago, I was looking for a proper TCMS for Fedora QA, found
one called Testopia, which looked very promising. However, it getting
it packaged up, there were some unfortunate legal issues (pro tip:
never use ExtJS in *anything*). It then went sort of dead, and IIRC
someone was working on writing a replacement that never really
materialized :(

As for the kernel vFAD that started this thread, I personally thought
"ooohhh, kernel! Let me get involved there!" - only to find that it
had happened 2 days ago, and to this day the only word that I got of
it was a post from jwb on the Planet. We need to improve this - is
there for instance a test-announce list that someone could subscribe
to? That would be a start....