Coordination in social networks

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:46:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 08:35 -0400, Jonathan Nalley wrote:
> Ankur/Jiri, several of the pieces of information you've requested are
> already on the Microblogging SOP page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Status_and_microblogging_SOP
>
> The draft warning on the top is somewhat questionable IMHO, but
> nevertheless.

Hi Jonathan,

I just ran into the page and was in the middle of posting it to the list
when I read your reply :D

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Status_and_microblogging_SOP#Access

has the list of credential holders for twitter/identi.ca accounts.

* We could start by getting in touch with them to see what the current
status of the various accounts are?

* The page needs to be updated with other account info, such as
* * Facebook
* * Google+

About the entire co-ordination in social networks, how about something
like this:

- Some "collectors", that keep an eye out on the mailing lists (our
catchment area) and supply this to the marketing list

- Some "posters", that are in-charge of the various social accounts.
They pick up this info that the "collectors" post to the marketing list
and post it to the various social apps? The SOP page provides sufficient
information/guidelines for "posters" already I guess.

Ideas/Improvements/Volunteers?

/me volunteers for the "collector" group, since I do spend quite a lot
of my time reading mails on the various mailing lists anyway. (I seem to
be on 30 or more fedora mailing lists currently :O )
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.