Coordination in social networks

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 28 19:18:32 UTC 2012

On 28.08.2012 17:47, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> That's why I'd prefer a group of people who would post messages and
> create events, add pictures manually instead of just hooking up the
> accounts to RSS feeds or using one tool to send messages to all of them.

I agree on the style question. I can not estimate Twitter post styles,
because i do not personally like Twitter - i know that there is
https://twitter.com/planetfedora
but thats it.

And i agree that it would be nice to see events that we have on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events also appear as a event on g+ or
other places where we can place events like at linkedin. I created
Events several times on linkedin and also find me listed as the admin on
http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedora-project ...

i think such things are primary a mentoring job so that people are
active that way by sharing on more places - i do not think having a
group of people and doing the boring work of screening and reposting all
the relevant stuff -just because they are the admins for a g+ site is
the way this will work - maybe a combination of both will work ...

But we actually do parse tags/categories for fedora-only-blogposts on
the planet anyway for the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Planet_JustFedora
and i do not see a reason why we should not at least take them to g+ if
there is a need for content - but you already mentioned this would be a
improvement ;)

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688