Coordination in social networks

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 02:43:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 02:07 +0200, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
> I'd propose a way somewhere in between:
> A relatively big team of Ambassadors and Marketeers, maybe around ~20
> people. They have a look at the buzz going on at various social
> networks
> an try act on trouble, spread word etc.
> Imagine someone ranting on twitter on some "crappy thing in Fedora"
> and
> the social network team could show him where to get help or to find a
> solution. That guy would be way less angry, as Fedora at least tried
> help him - even if the problem can't be solved.
> --> Big win for all of us!
>
> What'cha think?

Hello,

IMO, everyone in the fedora community is already supposed to be doing
this, irrespective of whether they're in the marketing SIG or the
ambassadors SIG. I'd prefer *more* folks leading by example then us
coming up with a team for this really.

Most of us at the facebook group/#fedora irc etc. already talk to users,
help them etc. If everyone would do the same for whatever social app
they prefer, we won't really need a team. :)
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.