wordpress or drupal feasiblity

Keshav Kumar keshav_kumar22 at yahoo.in
Tue Dec 4 14:26:45 UTC 2012

Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:55:47 +0100

From: Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com>
To: marketing at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Insight and Fedora Weekly News

Ruth Suehle píše v Pá 30. 11. 2012 v 17:07 -0500:
> Was just chatting with nirik on IRC about the feasibility of WordPress.
> He says it was not a joy to maintain last time we tried it. But if
> that's the preferred option, letting Wordpress.com host it and map to
> Insight costs a whopping $13/year, which I imagine we could find in the
> budget. It also massively simplifies user management, IMO, as a current
> editor of both WP and Drupal sites.
>
> Ruth

>I have experience with both Drupal (devconf.cz) and Wordpress
>(fedora.cz). We have Wordpress with quite a few extensions at fedora.cz
>and sometimes things get broken during upgrades, but the overall
>experience with Wordpress is so much better than with Drupal that I
>prefer Wordpress in spite of occasional hiccups.
>Anyway, it's pretty much just an implementation detail. Content is
>what's going to make it successful. I hope we'll have something like
>OMG!Ubuntu or Webup8 about Fedora. A news magazine/blog that would make
>a buzz around Fedora.

>Jiri

Hello Ruth and Jiri,
  I have experience with wordpress (idevelogy.com) and my experience hs been excellent with this CMS .Its min advantage is its menu system. Its pretty arranged.That will we helpful to the starters.Like Jiri said,"content is what's going to make it successful".So, according to me,platform should not be an issue,but content should be. Expecting to have a magazine/blog for Fedora community soon.

Thank you,
keshav