[Fedora Magazine] Wordpress success!

Keshav Kumar keshav_kumar22 at yahoo.in
Wed Dec 12 17:54:48 UTC 2012

> Hi folks,
>
> Nirik set up fedora-mag-admin at fedoraproject.org for us and I used it
> to set up an OpenShift account. I discovered a few things:
>
> - It's dead simple to set up WordPress on OpenShift.
>
> - WordPress has a built-in update system that seems to work fine on
> OpenShift, so maintenance should not be too difficult.
>
> - I tested out the OpenID plugin for WordPress with my FAS account,
> and it works fine. We can limit account creations to only those with
> valid OpenIDs. Once someone logs in with an OpenID and creates an
> account, an admin can promote them to any role needed.
>
> So, it's looking good to run Fedora Magazine on OpenShift / Wordpress.
> Here's the running instance I have now:
>
> http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com/
>Cool!
>I'll add that it's easy with openshift to associate another
>domain/hostname, so we can make this
>fedora-magazine.fedoraproject.org' or the like if that's desired.
>kevin

Hello everyone,

Its good that everyone agreed to Wordpress.Regarding domain/hostname , we should associate another domain name with that blog because we cant expect any user to type it in address bar and wont be practical too.So, if possible we can have a dedicated hostname and associate it with project Fedora.

Thank you,

Keshav :"keshavmishra"