Feature Profiles for F18 - looking for folks wanting to take a feature and do interviews (email is kosher!)

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 17:14:00 UTC 2012

Howdy everyone,

We're getting close to F18 (*knocks on wood*) release and in the past
we've done feature profiles to cover some of the main highlighted
features from each release.

This usually is a two-part (at least) process, when doing one:

1: Do an interview with someone on a feature / someone(s) on a group of
related features. Interview can be by email, podcast, IRC chat, anything
that can basically be captured for anyone to read/hear/watch back.

2: Taking some content from that interview, cobbling it into more of a
"story"/article format, which we can then publish to either/both of
Fedora Magazine / Red Hat press blog / your blog / etc.

A few examples interviews from the past:
BoxGrinder: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BoxGrinder_in_F15
Fedora on EC2: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_on_EC2
Desktop Enhancements in Fedora 12:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop_Enhancements_in_Fedora_12

I put together a suggested list of potential interviews/features on the
wiki - we can always combine some, think about adding other features /
other types of stories (ex: "How our QA team is totally awesome and you
should hug them for F18"), etc.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_feature_profiles

SOP and current FeatureList are here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_profiles_SOP
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/FeatureList

Also: Having screenshots attached to an interview - and the final story
- is always awesome. Heck, having a repository of screenshots, period,
is really helpful just from a "help out the press" type of way. Have we
started working that for F18? (Or has anyone?)

Anyway..... ON TO THE SUGGESTIONS! Feedback welcome. Claim your fun
interview on this list. And add your name on the wiki. And ask
questions! I've done many of these, but realize most others haven't. :)
I've attached names for a few people who would be good interview
subjects - you should be able to find most of them in FAS in terms of
email address.

Virt Live Snapshots, Virt Guest Suspend/Hibernate
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Virt_Guest_Suspend_Hibernate
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Virt_Live_Snapshots
Cole Robinson, Amit Shah, Jeff Cody

GNOME 3.6
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome3.6
Mathias Clasen

KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.9
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KDE49
Rex Dieter, Jaroslav Reznik

New Installer UI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewInstallerUI
Chris Lumens, Mo Duffy

OpenStack Folsom
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_Folsom
Padraig Brady, Mark McLoughlin, Russell Bryant

oVirt Engine 3.1
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/oVirtEngine_3.1
Juan Hernandez, Mike Burns, Dave Neary

Riak
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Riak
Peter Lemenkov

Samba 4
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Samba4
Andreas Schneider

Storage Management
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/StorageManagement
Tony Asleson, Andy Grover

System Storage Manager
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemStorageManager
Lukas Czerner

FedFS
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedFS
Ian Kent

Eucalyptus
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Eucalyptus
Andy Grimm, Garrett Holmstrom, Greg DeKoenigsberg

Sugar 0.98
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Sugar_0.98
Peter Robinson

-Robyn