How to treat trolls

Gabriele Trombini mailga at fedoraonline.it
Tue Dec 18 12:12:05 UTC 2012

Hi,
banning is not a good way IMHO.
If you begin to ban, for any reason, people can think that this is your
way to handle issues when you're in trouble.
I prefer the admin makes a public advice, pointing out that he's a
troll, telling him that next posts will be erased if he will not stop.

Gabri

Il giorno mar, 18/12/2012 alle 15.30 +0100, Jiri Eischmann ha scritto:
[cut]
> I'm considering to ban him, but I don't want to do anything that would
> harm our reputation of open and censorship-free community. Do you think
> it crosses the line and banning is an appropriate reaction or should I
> let him be and hope that he'll stop doing it (although he can do it for
> months because it's nothing time taking)?
>
> Jiri

Hi,
banning is not a good way IMHO.
If you begin to ban, for any reason, people can think that this is your
way to handle issues when you're in trouble.
I prefer the admin makes a public advice pointing out that he's a troll
and telling him that next posts will be erased if he will not stop.

Gabri