Spam report

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Wed Feb 15 20:39:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:47:59AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:24:06 +0800
> Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anybody ban this spammer?
>
> The process is:
>
> - File a ticket with fedora infrastructure:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/newticket
>
> - Include in the ticket link to this users contributions that you think
>   are spam. Also, CC the user on the ticket so they can comment if they
>   would like to.
>
> - Someone in the sysadmin accounts group will look at this info, then
>   check fas logs and groups they are in and other contributions.
>
> - If the user has only ever contributed by adding spam and is in no
>   other groups, they will be placed in 'admin_disabled' which means
>   that they cannot reactivate their account until they explain their
>   contributions.
>
> - If they have contributed other ways, we may make more effort to reach
>   out to them and see if they had a recent account compromise, etc.
>
> Note that this user you are talking about already has such a ticket
> filed for them and will probibly be looked at today.

Not that I want to suggest this, but if you simply want to report spam
and have someone else (me) do the ticket process above, ping me on IRC
with a link to the change and I can investigate for you.

I'm going to always suggest that you go through the process above but I
also don't want to prevent you from reporting spam.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>