Fedora Marketing SIG

Ben Gordy ben.gordy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:16:03 UTC 2012

Hi, my name is Benjamin Gordy and I live in Austin, TX. My Fedora
Account System (FAS) username is bengordy, and my IRC nick is bengordy.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through Fedora Ambassador
MarkDude, and am interested in joining because I like to promote Linux
in the community and Fedora is excellent.

This is the first FOSS project I have worked on! (I'm currently
improving my Python skills, but somehow drawing circles, creating lines,
and general pygame tinkering doesn't seem like a distributable product,
just yet.)

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

(Marketing Skills) -- Good communication skills

(Other Skills) -Mentoring SysAdmins

I'd also like to learn more about what I can do to help Fedora Marketing.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am a Systems Engineer for Dell.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are spreading the news
and promoting Fedora in the local community.

I am wondering about Fedora Cloud marketing strategy.

I was looking for Amazon AMI's and the latest revision I see is like
Fedora 14.

Please help me get started!

Ben