[In the news] Fedora Scientific, an interview with Amit Saha

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:09:20 UTC 2012

Hi

http://www.floss4science.com/fedora-scientific-amit-saha/

'Fedora Scientific was a classic case of scratching my own itch.

Once I moved into research, I soon discovered a plethora of open source
scientific tools and libraries that I used. Installing them everytime I
did a fresh install of Linux seemed time consuming and redundant.

I longed for a Linux distro which would already have these tools
installed and allow me to have a fully functional Linux workstation from
the first boot. And then I started looking at the tools available for
creating Fedora custom spins and was convinced that my project could now
be a reality.'

Rahul