The Inquirier on F17

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Fri Jun 1 16:54:58 UTC 2012

----- "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the FPL has appointed three of those seats to volunteers and
> only one to someone who's a Red Hat employee, I'm not sure how this is
> relevant.  Looking at the Board history for those seats[1] one can see
> half the appointments since mid-2008 have been volunteers.  Also of
> note is the fact that half the people elected by the community since
> that time have also been volunteers.  So the appointments don't look
> slanted toward Red Hat employees AFAICT, which is just as intended.
>
> We can agree to disagree on your overall point, that's fine.  I just
> wanted to point out the facts don't support an effort to stack the
> Board with Red Hat people.
>
> * * *
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History

How about the bigger question, what percentage of FESCo has been Red Hat employees during any term. After all it is FESCo that really matters what is in Fedora, not the board. I would track this out myself but the use of non at redhat email addresses makes it hard, even asking the candidates in Election town halls you get the run around commonly. "Who I work for doesn't matter." How many times have we heard that?

-- Bob