Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

Jan Wildeboer jwildebo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 11:32:21 UTC 2012

On 06.06.2012 13:24, Álvaro Castillo wrote:

> Debian Project, FreeBSD team, OpenBSD team, NetBSD team, Linux Mint,
> Mageia, Ubuntu... is not firm this, this is a solution at this moment,
> and not making deals with mobsters, I think :D

All of them run on Intel processors. Intel is a company that has been
found to be guilty of illegal practices against AMD. So who is not
making deals with mobsters? ;-)

And how does being against something help solving the problem? Where
were all of them when UEFI was defined and this evil scheme was
accepted? Now that it *actually is* implemented, we are forced to solve
this problem. Being against it doesn't solve it.

Yes, that is pragmatic. Sorry for that. But as Matt has explains over
and over again for months and months, we *knew* this was coming. And he
tried hard to find a better way. And he (and a lot of other people) are
actively looking for better solutions.

Instead of dismissing that, it might actually be better to help.

Jan

--
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH,
Technopark II, Haus C, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15
85630 Grasbrunn, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Mark Hegarty, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera